Worried about plastics? Here are some ideas to help you make a difference:-
- Sign the Greenpeace petition calling on Supermarkets to stop using throw-away
plastics at >> https://secure.greenpeace.org.uk/plastic-free-supermarket-ef
- Watch and share our Oceans of the Future video at https://act.gp/2HguJ9T
- Don’t buy bottled water. Our tap water is of the highest quality. Use a reusable bottle and refill. Go to refill.org.uk to download your free app. There 16 refill points around Bishop’s Castle
- Say no to plastic straws. Use paper ones if you really need one
- Want a take-away coffee? Use a reusable cup or mug. Many fast food outlets will give you a discount if you offer your own mug to refill
- Take your own container for butcher’s meat or take-away food.
- Use towelling nappies rather than disposable onesAvoid excessive packaging. Try and buy loose vegetables. A lot of food wrap is NOT recyclable
- Use a refill station for liquid detergents and washing up liquid. Go to https://zerowastehome.com
- Say NO to plastic cutlery.
- Delivered milk may come in glass bottles
- Avoid products containing microbeads
- Always carry a shopping bag and refuse a single-use plastic bag if offered
- Use loose tea and coffee
- Use a razor with replaceable blades instead of a disposable razor
- Buy bars of soap instead of soap in a plastic bottle
- For general re-cycling use https://www.ilovefreegle.org/explore/Bishops-Castle-Freegle
Finally: If it’s plastic, think twice!